About the Book
On August 7, 2013, Petersham's Oxford Tavern closed after offering decades of topless service and free live performances from showgirls 3-7 days a week. On its final Tuesday night, dancers travelled from across Australia. Patrons queued down Crystal Street and drank the kegs dry. Photographer Lyndal Irons documented the 48 hours before the iconic venue closed its doors, ending an era and changing the neighbourhood forever.
Features & Details
- Category Arts & Photography
Standard Landscape, 10×8 in, 25×20 cm
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781457997556
- Softcover: 9781457997549
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781457997563
- Publish Date Mar 23, 2014
- Language English
- Tags Lyndal Irons, Goodbye Oxford Tavern, photo book, Australian history, photography, Petersham
Lyndal Irons is a Sydney-based photographer focused on local reportage. In 2013 she was chosen as one of the top four Australian photographers under 30 in the Qantas Spirit of Youth Awards (SOYA). Her work is held in the collection of the State Library of New South Wales.