Senior UX Designer
Remote, based in US
Blurb, the leading self-publishing platform for fine art and high-end photographic books, seeks a Senior UX Designer with a passion for photography and print to lead design strategy, planning, and execution for all aspects of Blurb's e-commerce and self-publishing business. Blurb's independent publishing platform offers the ability to design, publish, share, market, distribute, and sell their books.
This role will distill the complexity of the publishing process into a simple and rewarding experience that empowers creative people to bring their vision into the world through beautiful print products. In addition, this role will define the end-to-end user experience for Blurb's extensive online, desktop, and mobile creation and selling platform while exploring the use of emerging technology to streamline the book creation process.
Working cross-functionally with product and engineering, you will bring product vision and features from concept to release by understanding and incorporating technical and business requirements into compelling, innovative designs and interaction models. In addition, you will improve existing features based on usage metrics and user research. This role will also work with creative and visual designers to incorporate visual or brand identity.
- Meeting with existing and prospective users to understand their needs and goals
- Creating the vision and roadmap for usability testing using qualitative and quantitative methods. Overseeing internal and external resources.
- Analyzing user feedback and activity-iterating the existing product to enhance the user experience
- Developing buyer and user personas and longitudinal views of key personas to understand opportunities for retention and upsell.
- Delivering design work, including discovery artifacts- wireframes, UX flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs based on business, functional, and technical requirements
- Use of design skills to make strong typographic, layout, and hierarchy decisions and choices
- Creating, maintaining, and contributing to a design system. Defining interaction models, task flows, and user interface specifications utilizing established design patterns
- Understanding of accessibility best practices, patterns, and testing
- Comfort giving and receiving feedback in regular design reviews
- Mentoring a small UX team
- 8+ years of experience designing end-to-end digital experiences from ideation to validation to implementation
- Online portfolio required
- Proficiency in design and research tools (Proto.io, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Figma, Amplitude, Hot Jar, UserTesting, etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Master's Degree or the equivalent work experience in user experience design, human-computer interaction design, or a related field.
Not sure if the role is a good fit for you? That's okay! We'd still be happy to consider you.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying