About the Book
• In the title story, a pup named “Scotty Go” discovers the thrills and troubles of going outside of his comfort zone as he encounters new experiences in the city.
• “Bingo, the Arctic Snowdog” centers on the life of a farm-dwelling family that adopts a wild dog and soon discovers the perfect name for their new pet.
• “Squirrely Shirley” follows the story of a young chipmunk who must confront the realities of bullying in her middle school all while learning a life lesson about identity.
• “Little Ollie and the Extraordinary Orange” will whisk you away — first into the English countryside and then far beyond — in a whimsical adventure about two lads skipping school who come across an entirely unusual piece of fruit.
• Embark on a lyrical journey in “The Tale of the Fisher Man,” a poetic celebration of courage and resilience.
Mark Miller is a language lover and storytelling enthusiast. This Pennsylvania native currently freelances as a writer, editor and Spanish-English translator in the Greater Los Angeles area. He earned his B.A. in journalism and Spanish ('14, summa cum laude) from Azusa Pacific University.