About the Book
The seasons reverse when Tom leaves Botswana and comes to Canada. Summer is now winter. His life tips upside down, too, when he goes to school. Surprise and laughter greet his words and actions. When a bully steps in, a storybook character comes to the rescue—and Tom finds a friend.
Features & Details
- Primary Category: Canada
- Additional Categories Parenting & Families, Education
Project Option: Standard Landscape, 10×8 in, 25×20 cm
# of Pages: 26
- Softcover: 9781715084615
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781715084592
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781715084608
- Publish Date: Jun 19, 2020
- Language English
- Keywords Botswana, Immigration, Empathy, Values
Sarah Trevor came to Canada from Africa. As an immigrant, she wanted to make this unfamiliar land of the Canadian Shield her home. To do this she bought a kayak. Thus began a twenty-year circumnavigation of Amisk Lake, Saskatchewan.