San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
We are seeking a smart and motivated Web/Content Producer to ensure high quality and accurate content is delivered to our users. In this role, you will apply your attention to detail and understanding of design concepts to create and edit content within the CMS. Your inquiring mind and love of problem solving will come in handy when troubleshooting problems within the CMS and working with various departments at Blurb.
- Create new pages and load new content into Blurb Jekyll CMS
- Edit and update existing content as needed
- Perform cross-browser and other QA testing as needed
- Troubleshoot technical problems with existing CMS pages/content
- Ensure adherence to Blurb best practices for on page SEO for all published pages
- Identify areas for optimizing use of Blurb CMS and define/prioritize technical updates as needed
- Minimum 2 years experience with content management
- Solid editorial and online production skills
- Experience with HTML, CSS, web page layout and design and development
- Must be a self-motivated multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment with a clear list of priorities.
In Addition, You Possess the Following Qualities:
- You take the initiative to problem solve issues and research solutions and/or alternative approaches
- You have a willingness to learn and keep up with industry standards and best practices
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision making
- You have a bias towards taking initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- And last, but not least: you radiate a positive attitude and your colleagues agree that you are collaborative and a solid team player
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- Company sponsored yoga and in-office massages
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.